Saturday 26 April 2014

Review - Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer / Fair!

Review




"Conceals flaws and blemishes for up to 16 hours" on the package

"The ultimate wear concealer promises to conceal flaws, imperfections and blemishes again, for up to 16 hours. This skin perfecting, oil free product is also transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage. It provides beautiful, blemish-free skin for every waking hour. " Boots website

Available in four (4) shades: Fair, Dark, Cool Medium and Warm Medium

I know I am totally late on this one but I have been using this concealer for more than a month now and here are my thoughts:


Variety

 I would say that there is a good variety of light shades to choose from  but as with the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation (review - here) the shades available are between fair to medium skin tones only. A few darker shades definitely need to be added to the collection.

Price

 The Collection lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer retails for £4.19 which makes it one of the cheapest concealers currently available.



Packaging

 Well the packaging as you can see is nothing fancy, comes with a sponge applicator which for some may not be good but I find it perfect! The good about it, is that you can apply the right amount without having to throw away any excess (like with a tube one), it doesn't dry out as quickly as a pot one would and I think is perfectly hygienic as well!



Ease of use

 As mentioned above, application couldn't be easier. What bothers me however is that the concealer dries out quickly and you have to work with it quickly, otherwise it might get cakey. It also needs a lot of blending as I find it more on a creamy side rather than a liquid one! Despite being a creamy consistency, it dries to a more of a matte finish which is definitely a plus for me. It blends perfectly with any foundation and the coverage is definitely buildable.


Left - One layer of Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation | Right - One layer of Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation and Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer (under the eyes)

Coverage

 The reason this concealer is so hyped about is because of its coverage. It provides amazing coverage but is also an amazing highlighter for the under eye area. I use it sometime on blemished areas but only if they are on places that I highlight,  however I wouldn't use it on blemishes as this works perfect as a highlighter and it does draw all the attention there. Maybe a colour that matches your skin tone would be perfect for that! Despite the fact that this buildable, you have to be very careful otherwise it will probably look cakey. A big plus for me is also the fact that this concealer looks super natural on the skin!


Longevity

 After using the Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation, I had really low hopes for the longevity of the concealer as well. However I was pleasantly surprised as this concealer lasts a good 8-10 hours without any problems. I know 10 hours is not quite the time it claims (16 hours) but is a really great lasting power! Some have complained that it settles in dry patches after a couple of hours but as I don't have overly dry skin I haven't experienced any problems. However if you have dry skin, try adding a moisturizer before applying it and the problem should be solved!

Round Up

Pros


  • Price
  • Great lasting power
  • Matte finish
  • Amazing coverage
  • Comes with a sponge applicator
  • Looks natural
  • Buildable
  • Works good as a highlighter as well


Cons


  • Not too many shades to choose from 
  • Can be cakey if not careful
  • Need to work quickly and requires a lot of blending
  • May settle in dry patches


 I would definitely recommend this concealer, it's very affordable and provides amazing coverage. It also works perfectly as a highlighter!



Thanks for reading:)
xxxx


Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram





10 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this review! I get dry patches and if I put this on it, it looks really cakey. But it works amazing on blemishes and redness <3

    sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly sounds (and looks!) like a perfect product, but we don't have that brand in Switzerland :( Otherwise I'd definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you did this post. I watch a Dutch Youtuber who raves about this concealer and I always like to see a few others speak of it before spending the money on it. Can't wait to try this out, thanks so much for the helpful review!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pics:) believe it or not I currently don't even have a concealer. I wish I was better with that whole beauty and make up thing, but I'm just not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your review, sounds fairly. I don't like only the fact that it may settle in dry patches, this can be a real problem for me. Anyway, I'd love to try it out too! Thank You for sharing such a nice, usefull post)
    Gladly followed you with GFC and G+, hope you can do same;)
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look flawless! I've heard so much about this collection and never actually tried it, I should soon! xx

    New post:
    www.tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skin is amazing! Thank you for this great review - it's interesting to see what others think of products you already own. I absolutely love the concealer, but I've read some negative reviews too. I like how you've written out the pros and cons!
    Daniela | danielascribbles xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this concealer so so much !!! I bought it in London last year, during the Boxing Day. I use it every single day. But I'm so afraid to finish it ! It is not sold in France !
    I also use the Fair tone, and it's perfect for me ! If I go back to England, I will try the foundation.
    Have a lovely week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review Stephanie! I've only ever tried the concealer (and love it for under the eyes and highlighting like you said) but have never tried the foundation!

    Gabby @ What She Buys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...