Monday 21 April 2014

Review - Cargo HD Picture Perfect Translucent Powder!





"Real Time Flawless. A silky, weightless, single shade powder with high-resolution technology. Lines, pores and imperfections are instantly diffused for a soft focus, naturally matte finish. Ultra fine photo luminescent powders create an optical effect when exposed to light, blurring and obscuring visible imperfections. Micro encapsulated pigments self-adjust to every skin tone for soft, even, translucent coverage. It’s like a photo filter for the complexion!" Cargo website.

Available only in one (1) shade

This is one of Cargo's most hyped product and after I've been using it for about a month here are my thoughts:




Variety

 As I mentioned this powder comes only in one shade, which claims to fit all skin tones. I was very skeptical at first but it really does fit my skin tone well and it looks super natural as well. I am pretty sure that the shade will fit most fair to medium skin tones, however maybe a darker shade would be necessary as well.


Price

The Cargo HD picture perfect powder retails for $32.00 (around £20.00) which is just the perfect price for a high-end powder. 




 Packaging

 Who doesn't love a sleek and interesting packaging? I love the inward curve the package has as it prevents the powder from getting messy, while the lid pushes back into the net all the excess powder when you screw it back on. I use a brush to apply it and the net lets through just the amount needed which makes everything a lot easier. Of course like with all the translucent powders, things can get a bit messy if you are not careful enough!


 Ease of use

 As I mentioned above the net makes a huge difference and it certainly makes your life easier. The application is very easy and a tiny amount goes a long way. Now the only problem is that you have to be very careful with the amount you are applying as it can look a bit cakey if you apply too much. It blends very well over a foundation and concealer and provides a flawless finish.

The results

 I wouldn't say it necessarily provides a huge amount of coverage, this is the case with all powders, but when used with a foundation it does provide a bit of extra coverage. I was surprised with the result as it provides a silky, flawless finish and controls shine but at the same time it feels lightweight and looks natural on the skin!

Longevity 

I have a normal to oily skin and don't have to reapply it throughout the day. A long-lasting powder is always a plus in my book. Another plus is that it doesn't make my pores noticeable, which is the problem I get with most powders.

Round Up

Pros

Controls shine
Good price
Lightweight
Looks natural on the skin
Interesting and convenient packaging
Silky finish
Easy to apply
A tiny amount goes a long way
Amazing lasting power

Cons

Doesn't provide a lot of coverage
Not sure if it does fit all skin tones
Can get cakey if not careful



 I can't really recommend this powder enough as it is probably one of the best powders I've tried! Who doesn't want a flawless finish that lasts all day? 





Let me know if you would be interested in seeing reviews on the other products pictured above as well:)



  • Thanks for reading:)
  • xxxx


Follow on Bloglovin


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review dear. Its look like great product
    xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this brand before! But it sounds like a great product! Great review sweety xx

    New post on:
    www.tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review!
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this review hun! I'm looking for a new powder/ foundation at the moment so think I may have to give this a try! Usually I need the lightest powders as I am so pale! But if it matches all skin types it might be worth a try! :)

    Hope you had a great easter my love!! And have a fantastic week! :)

    Gabby @ What She Buys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, do they have darker shades?
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great review!! Never heard of this company before so I'm very curious to use it!

    ♥ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...