Saturday 10 August 2013

Review - MAC Matchmaster Foundation SPF15 - 2.0

Review


MAC Matcmaster Foundation SPF 15 



 There is no doubt that MAC has a large variety of different foundations to choose from. Matchmaster Foundation SPF15 is promising a "fully personalised finish influenced by the subtleties of your own skin's undertone" (MAC).

 Available in fourteen (14) shades : 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10.0

 You don't need to worry when you are not sure which foundation or shade will work for you. You can either pop up to a MAC store and they will help you find the perfect foundation and shade or just visit their website select the makeup category  face  foundation  foundation finder, and follow some simple steps in order to find the right shade, finish and coverage for you.

I have been using this foundation for a month now (in shade 2.0) and here are my ratings:




Variety


With fourteen (14) shades available it is unluckily that you will not find the perfect one for your skin tone. Although there are plenty foundations available out there with more shades available I am giving this category a 4-heart rating as each shade changes based on your undertone, therefore for example 2.0 can apply to both a little darker and a little lighter skin tone.


Price


You can find this foundation at the price of £27.00 (35ml) which is a bit pricey. You definitely get a much better quality than some other foundations which are cheaper but the price is really not a plus. On the other side you only need one pump (max two) each time you use it and therefore it can last months.



















Packaging

Nothing too special for this category. The only thing that got my attention and it is definitely a plus for me as a clumsy person, who always manages to have her foundation all over her makeup bag, is that you have to turn the pump to the left in order to be able to use it otherwise it's locked.






 Ease of use

Super easy to use as it comes with a built-in pump unlike the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. It blends really easy and it gives you a creamy and light feeling.



Bare face on the left, MAC Matchmaster Foundation on the right


Coverage


This foundation gives you medium to high coverage. I have some dark marks (from the sun) on my face and they can easily be covered with one layer. But for even more coverage you can use a primer underneath but I really don't find that necessary, you can easily apply a second layer for more coverage. What I love most about this foundation is that it looks natural.


Longevity


 It lasts about five to seven hours on my skin (this may defer according to your skin type) without any problem so for a night out or during your university/work hours it will be perfect. The only thing that I have noticed is that it starts to look a bit chalky in some areas (like between my eyebrows) so you have to make sure that you moisturise your skin properly with a cream before using it. I have oily skin and every foundation I used started fading out in the first couple hours but this one lasts up to seven hours without making my skin more oily.



Overall Mark 



Pros:


  • the shades you can chose from
  • it is matching your undertone
  • the medium/high coverage
  • it lasts up to seven hours
  • it comes with a build-in pump
  • natural finish
Cons:
  • the price
  • it can get chalky in some areas
  • it can last only five hours

 If you are looking for a natural/light finish with medium/high coverage then I would definitely recommend this foundation.  




Thanks for reading:)
xxxx
Stephanie



















You may also like:





Follow on Bloglovin


5 comments:

  1. Your foundation looks great and this is such a good review! Unfortunately when I got this product, the assistant gave me the wrong colour! So be sure to check!

    Martha x

    lawlesslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful review. I've never tried MAC foundations since there are so many other brands available, but it sounds good :o)

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! I really like your blog so I just nominated you for the liebster award, go check out my most recent blog post for more details :) http://spencrescurls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this foundation as well. The coverage is great, now I'm using Estee Lauder liquid foundation and it's wonderful.
    You look very tanned after you've used it. No need to fake & bake hehe

    xoxo,
    http://lovebetweentheracks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coverage! I love MAC. So excited to go over to the US so I can buy it so much cheaper! xxx
    I'm going to follow you now :)

    http://sharpest-lives.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...